Friday, May 14, 2010

Exile on the Mezzanine

I'm going to go with the album that inspired Jimmy Fallon to dedicate a whole week of shows to it's re-release. Like I said before, the Stones have my favorite 4 album stretch of any band (Beggars, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile), and if you listen to Bruce, Goats Head would make it a nice 5 album stretch. I would probably pick any of those albums in almost any matchup. I'm looking forward to the 10 new bonus tracks on the Exile re-release, but I'm a little concerned that most of them have supposedly new vocals/lyrics.
Mezzanine is Massive attack's move away from trip hop, and I like their first two albums better.
Exile, I'm rooting for you to win it all at this point.

I think I've please Andrew on two accounts, moving his pick on, and eliminating Massive Attack for him. You can thank me later

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I'm currently working on a way to thank you. Excellent choice here my friend.

    ReplyDelete