Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I can't give any more assignments

Hey Andy and Eric and anyone else who's interested, here's the deal. We're kind of bottlenecked right now since we're down to so few choices. Once Jeff, Bruce, and Jane get the final picks in (which they assure me will be pronto) we will be down to 8 and then everyone votes.

We do have half of the final 8, so, if you want to start thinking about who you're going to vote for, think about these two match-ups, which are fer sures:

The Band vs. Murder Ballads

Time Out of Mind vs. Sticky Fingers

You may present your vote with feedback and apologetics anytime. I would recommend doing a full post as opposed to leaving comments, but don't feel like you have to write a book on each vote (unless you want to).

Yippee!


4 comments:

  1. Oh man, one full post per person per matchup sounds like a lot. I suppose we could just make a post for each matchup, and do all the argument and voting in the comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks zwart dude...this will do...i wanted to tell you that my jane bought me the new hold steady for my birthday...what do you think of it? it's growing on me, but the vocals are a little fozzie bear-ish for my taste...wocka wocka wocka...i also picked up "sun, sun, sun" on vinyl...

    *this is a real conversation...i'm not trying to butter him up...(gross, that made me think of "last tango in paris")...sorry if none of this makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and then there could be a like button, too. And another button for don't like. And another button for I like this but it's not as good as the other thing because of the lack of sucking the other thing has. And an I have to go take a dump now button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karl, we can do the voting however we want. The reason I suggested posts is because some people are going to want to write more than others. I imagine the people who chose the albums in the first place might want to try and sway others. But I think it's totally acceptable to create a post but just say something like, I chose The Band over Nick Cave...

    But whatever, I'm cool with whatever...

    Andy - I wasn't sure about the new Hold Steady at first but it has really grown on me. It will never be my favorite of theirs, but it will be the one I pull out when I want to hear The Hold Steady, but I also want to hear something pretty slick. I do give them props for not being afraid of being accused of selling out. You should check out their interview on The Colbert show--it made me like them even more...

    ReplyDelete