Wednesday, May 12, 2010

waitin.........................

Hey, while we're all waiting for, well, y'all...

Here's a couple things:

Steve is out--apparently he's got a bunch of seminary/church stuff to do in the next few weeks, so I guess that's legit. This is beginning to feel a little like Survivor. Just so you know, if I'm the only one standing, I am going to make up some new rules that will allow the Clash back in.

Anyhoo, since Steve is out, Brian, you have his pick: Stones - Exile vs. Massive Attack - Mezzanine. Yes, I realize this is the third trip-hop album you've been assigned, but don't blame me--I'm not the one who chose them. In any case, I'm hoping you can quickly put Massive Attack out of their misery, so we can get on with things...

Jane, you have Polyphonic Spree vs. Blood on the Tracks.

Eric, you gotta wait for now cause you've already had a hand in everything that's left.

Also, when I said to get your picks in...are you all taking extra long just to spite me?

In the meantime, what's your favorite soundtrack?


12 comments:

  1. i currently don't have a pick to make...do i have to wait like uncle eric?...

    my favorite soundtrack is probably "until the end of the world"...I also really like "about a boy" by badly drawn boy...it think it fits the movie really well...neil young "dead man" is pretty awesome, too...i loooove the main riff from that...gonna go listen to it now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Andy, you have to wait too. As soon as we get some picks in, I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty obvious, but the Royal Tennenbaums soundtrack is great. Also, me from 90's wants to remind everyone that the Singles soundtrack ruled back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy's picks are all keepers, as is the Royal Tennenbaums. I might also add the soundtracks to Rushmore, Trainspotting, and Lost in Translation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Superfly. Curtis Mayfield turns that mother out. And Trouble Man. Marvin Gaye does a fine job with that one. And Isaac Hayes' Shaft. And Willie Hutch's The Mack. Blaxploitation flicks put out some damn good music, I tell you what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaaaaiiiiiitin.....forrrrr.....you.......and aaaaallllll the shit..........you're gonna put me through......
    Is what the title of this post reminds me of.

    When I read the movie soundtrack question I immediately thought, "Until the End of the World - no question," then I read Andy's response and was sad to not be all special and original. Though he probably introduced me to both the movie and the soundtrack.

    I was pretty into the I'm Not There soundtrack. Especially Jim James and Calexico singing Goin' to Acapulco. And the Star Wars Soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they had been able to release a real Donnie Darko soundtrack instead of a Donnie Darko score, I'd be lauding that.

    Instead, Purple Rain. Or Until the End of the World.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bruce, you're still cool...

    do you remember tying me to a chair and putting me about a foot from the tv (i believe "friends" was on) and blasting the until the end of the world soundtrack? we were trying to freak eric out?...i think he came in during "move with me" by neneh cherry...i don't think i would of made it thru calvin without that album...also, there was that time in band camp...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bruce, you are still special and original, in exactly the same way the rest of us are...

    I remember that chair incident all too clearly, Andy...It haunts me in my dreams. And who would have thought Elvis Costello was beckoning you to listen to the Kinks way back then?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Important detail: I believe the chair tying was done with neckties. There might have been a gag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good call with the purple rain, sarah...also, love the jim james with calexico version of goin' to acapulco...best part of the soundtrack and the movie...imho...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does U2 Passengers count (cuz it's from like a bunch of films)? I remember liking that a lot.

    ReplyDelete