Monday, April 5, 2010

Arcade Fire - Funeral vs. Postal Service - Give Up

These two albums are ranked 8th and 9th, and I thought they were just as close together after listening to them.

While listening to Give Up, I did think of giving them the nod since the guy's voice sounded like that other singer from some band that I've heard, and I figured that that other band was newer than postal service, so PS was the innovator. Of course, when I looked up PS on the wikinets, things became much clearer as to the similarity.

Arcade Fire was pretty sweet. But I can't really remember why... that's not a negative, I just can't remember. I knew I should have written the review after the last listen, but I had a netflix movie I wanted to get in the mail this morning.

These two albums were really close, and either both deserve to go on, or both deserve to end their run here. I say they should both continue, even though, if they were matched up against, oh I don't know, let's say Nick Harper, they would wither away.

So who wins?

Arcade Fire. Here's why. They are Canadian, and at the hockey game this weekend, the Canadian Anthem was once again butchered. You have to verify the lyrics people.

Sorry Postal Service. If it makes you feel any better, you're on my listen again list.

1 comment:

  1. Sad sigh.

    Though I admit the shine is finally coming of PS for me a bit. So it's cool.

    ReplyDelete