Friday, April 30, 2010

Harvest vs. Soft Bulletin

I was hoping to somehow get an epiphany sometime since I started listening to these two albums. I vascillate each day between which is the better album.

Both of these are classic albums, both stand up amazingly well. Neither is currently my favorite album by these artists, but both are outstanding. I don't have anything else to say to sing their praises, and I can't find a whole lot, if anything, wrong with them (other than maybe Harvest's cover).

I have arguments why I feel each album should advance, but the next day I change my mind.

Ultimately, I've decided that whatever album has the best song should advance. I'm going with Heart Of Gold, one of my all-time favorite tunes.

I also like the idea that the album that's been a classic for a longer period of time (Eric or Andy's idea, I can't remember who) should advance, which would also make it Harvest on two counts.

3 comments:

  1. I think Andy said it, but I agree with the rationale. This one was a tough call. I think you did right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think time passed really does count for something. (My whole Shakespeare thing.) I think it was Hume who defined the greatest artwork as the one that lasted the long . . . but then when I tried to look up a quote (to support that Shakespeare post) I couldn't find it. Might have been a different guy. I think it's interesting cuz when I was younger I wouldn't have agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, that'd be "the longest", Chet.

    ReplyDelete