Monday, April 19, 2010

Ask and you shall receive

Okay hosers, I was gonna wait for the last few stragglers to get their picks in, but it doesn't look like that's happening, so we'll move on to the next round. When they do, I'll get you the most recent scores and brackets. From this point out, when you post a choice, you will get your next assignment.

Now, we are getting down to it. Some tough choices here. In this round, we'll find out how Mark really feels about U2, we'll also get to see what's more hardcore--murder ballads or The Killers, and finally, we'll see how Bruce fares with a classic match-up. There are eight assignments here, which actually takes care of the first two divisions of this round.


Round 3
Division 1

Mark: The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday vs. U2 - Achtung Baby

Andy: New Order - Substance vs. The Band - The Band

Karl: BPB - Ease Down the Road vs. The Cure - Disintegration

Sarah: Nick Cave - Murder Ballads vs. The Killers - Hot Fuss

Division 2

Steve: Stone Roses - Stone Roses vs. Bob Marley - Legend

Me: Air - Moon Safari vs. Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind

Brian: Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin vs. Bonnie P billy - Lie Down in the Light

Bruce: Beatles - Revolver vs. Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers


p.s. if I made a mistake and assigned you to an album you had on your list or that you already chose, can you let me know?

12 comments:

  1. any tips on how to get my hands on a digital copy of "substance"...i check itunes, emusic, lala...also, I am to listen to the double cd version, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, didn't I "kill" Lie Down in the Light...I'm pretty sure I picked Neil Young, Harvest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you serious? Another U2. Really?! I don't know what I'll do if this one makes it through.

    Andy, I believe Grooveshark has Substance

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mistake--Brian should have Harvest vs. Soft Bulletin. Thanks for pointing that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. karl, if you don't pick disintegration, my unborn daughter Alice will weep. No one wants that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Steve...It's a girl...Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy, I don't know where to find New Order digitally, but I will try to look around a little. Also, since I nominated it, let me say that the original release I grew up listening to on cassette tape is only 12 tracks long, beginning with "Ceremony" and ending with "True Faith". This is CD 1 of the double-CD set, and it is the only one you need to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy W., it looks like grooveshark.com has it. I'm not sure how to listen to a single album on that site, but you can definitely create a playlist with the album's track-listing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if a girl cries alone in a womb, does anyone hear?

    plus i am far away you can reach me only with your brain and the internet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a new assignment, zwartitude. Seriously, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geez, y'all take weeks to get your picks in, but if I don't give you a new assignment immediately, you're all like, "wahhhhh". You all sound like the many babies you already have or are about to have. Snap.

    Okay Eric, I went through the remaining picks and out of all of them there is only one that doesn't either contain an album you've already judged or an album you picked (you are doing well), so here it is:

    Spiritualized - Ladies and Gents vs. Lambchop - Is A Woman

    On another note, I picked up Preservation Green this weekend, and I am digging it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the assignment, man. I'm glad to hear Andy W. and I getting our Kinks' picks knocked out of the running early on wasn't all for naught...

    ReplyDelete