Monday, April 26, 2010

band of substance






The winner: The Band

There's just too much history for me with The Band. Richard Manuel on Whispering Pines, Levon Helm on The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down. These are songs I'll love forever.

New Order made this a pretty close fight. I really enjoyed Ceremony, Blue Monday, and Bizarre Love Triangle in particular. This is the first time that I feel that I really "got" New Order.

This was pretty close. Both of these albums really do deserve to move on. I guess this is what the Death Match is all about

2 comments:

  1. While I quietly mourn, I totally respect your decision on this one, Wilson. I think it is honest and fair. If the tables had been turned, and I had had to decide, it would have largely been my own history with New Order (listening to them pretty consistently since '88) which would have tipped the scales the other way.

    And I will admit: Bernard Sumner looks ridiculous in those short white shorts, doesn't he?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Andy. Now, how do you feel about judging between Blood on the Tracks and Cat Power's You Are Free?

    ReplyDelete