Friday, April 9, 2010

Some do it slow, some do it fast

We're kind of all over the place right now in terms of who's choosing what. I blame me and you slow people. In any case, I've typically given the people who get their picks in fastest more picks, but now that Kevin finally got his in, I can update everyone. So here is a list of either what you've already been given, or what you're just getting now:

Also, we only have four choices left before we're on to the entire next round. So whoever gets me their choices first, gets to choose those.

Oldies:

Sarah, you're still working on Flaming Lips vs. Mr. Cash. Any day now would be fine.

Andy, you've got that BPB-Neil Young match-up. I know it's a toughy, but I have faith in you.

Eric, you're usually so prompt. I like Yo La Tengo as much as anyone else, but we both know you need to pick Exile and just move on.

Bruce, how's that Massive Attack vs. Nirvana coming?

Jane, let's listen to some Neko Case this weekend, then do some Doing, Saying, Making, and Thinking (if you know what I mean)

Jeff, you're on Cat Power vs. Stones. Be fair.

Newbies:

Karl, I've been impressed with your speediness as of late. See if you can do it again with (15) Tom Waits - Mule Variations vs. (2) Passion Pit - Chunk of Change

Mark, I'm still sorry about Zeppelin. Will you ever forgive me? In the meantime, have fun with (10) U2 - Joshua Tree vs. (26) Cut Copy - Neon Love

Steve, Dominion! You get to start the fourth division with (24) Lambchop - Is a Woman vs. (25) Stooges - Fun House

Kevin, you handsome devil you, you're stuck listening to (5) White Stripes - Elephant and (12) Bjork - Homogenic

Me, (20) GUH - We are Sunburning vs. (4) Radiohead - OK Computer

Brian, I think you'll really like (30) The Elected - Sun, Sun, Sun; however, I don't know if you will like it more than (19) Beck - Odelay

Have fun y'all

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, I am so sorry for calling you dumb. I see now that you must feel really bad about zeppelin, as you have given me the chance to rub out my most hated nemesis.

    Steve, I was terribly wrong to call you my biggest nemesis... how could I have forgotten about U2. You come in second though. grr.

    ReplyDelete