Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Get your Worship On

Since Andrew was talking about worship, and since I sort of make a living off writing worship services and hating most of the modern worship songs, I thought I would post what I consider the best and worst worship songs.

I really really love "Your Never Fails" and I quite wonder what you think...particularly if you don't consider yourself a Christian. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoezWBPGRAc


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1diGCosjQ

2 comments:

  1. Good call on Coldplay's influence you mentioned in the other post. One time I saw a worship band use one of their intros. Guess I just love the good old stuff. My favorite worship song and one of my favorite songs period is "Amazing Grace". But yeah, that Jesus spins me round clip is just about the worst thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much "ditto" what zwartitude said. I am a Christian (liberal Episcopal, but we still count technically). My faves are actually still a lot of the old rousing 19th century camp meeting hymns like "Blessed Assurance", "How Great Thou Art", "Leaning On the Everlasting Arms", etc. We don't sing those enough in the Episcopal services actually. But I think it all boils down to a matter of taste...Whatever does it for the congregation. I don't think God has real strong musical preferences. Unless it's for the early Kinks.

    ReplyDelete