Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Since all of my picks...

keep getting knocked out, I would like to re-submit, to be more in line with the rest of the group. Here goes:

30. I own a guitar – I (What I am singing about is very important)
29. Strum softly – kind of whine, kind of sing
28. Songs about love – and songs about not being in love
27. Token feminist songwriter – I can sing too!
26. Canadian band – that’s where it’s at
25. Some Electronic Music – I’m eclectic
24. Good ol’ Rock and Roll – cause it rawks!
23. Strum softly – kind of sing, kind of whine
22. U2 – you just can’t get away from U2, no matter how hard you try
21. Seminal band – I like their stuff, really I do
20. I own a guitar – II (more songs about what I am thinking and feeling)
19. someone French – this is about the right place in the list for someone French
18. Another Canadian band – these guys are great, too
17. Cat Power – something about Pixies, or the moon, or whatever
16. Out of place artist – Just because
15. Yet a third Canadian band –a lot of good music coming out of Canada right now
14. Punk from the 70’s – something with a lot of yelling
13. A whole bunch of people – and lots of instruments (the more the better)
12. funk album – shout out
11. Classic rock album – You know, I’ve come to appreciate classic rock again, on a much deeper level than before
10. I’m never – gonna come up with 30 of these
9. No. 9 – Yep, it’s No. 9
8. I own a guitar – III (this time it’s personal)
7. Some band you’ve never heard of – don’t you feel ashamed that you’ve never heard of this band?
6. Nick Drake – okay, I do like Nick Drake
5. The dogs with bees in their mouths – and when they bark
4. Bob Dylan, or Lou Reed – take your pick
3. 90’s alt rock – I almost forgot
2. Crooked Saints – Beatrice (at least one person is likely to advance this)
1. Poison – Look What The Cat Dragged In

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm, is this a good time to tell you that I still need your choice between Anathallo and Yo La Tengo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, we almost named the Beatrice record "I own a guitar III"

    Coming in second to poison is nothing but an honor.

    ReplyDelete