Blog Archive

Monday, March 15, 2010

Weezer vs. The Elected


This is the first match up for me that doesn't have stuff I've heard before...I've never been much of a 90's alternative fan, so Weezer kinda passed me by...I recognize their power-pop significance or whatever and know that they've stuck around for awhile, i just never thought about listening to them...I remember listening to some of these songs on a alternative radio station in Kalamazoo (somebody help me...92.somthing) while driving for JTS at Calvin...I certainly didn't dislike the "blue album"...I thought it was pretty catchy...Undone (the sweater song) has a cool chorus and i enjoyed the video on youtube...Say it ain't so and Holiday were two of my favorites...

I hadn't heard the Elected even though I'm a bit of a Rilo Kiley fan...At first I thought it was kinda boring and over long, but it grew on me...I'm a sucker for warm pop songs...I've listened to it alot on lala.com for the past week...

i don't have a lot more to say...I think Weezer is a great album that should live on and will...The Elected will probably be overshadowed by Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis stuff, however, it is what I'd rather listen to...Winner...The Elected

2 comments:

  1. Haven't listened to either of these myself...I kind of like the cover of The Elected's album, though...Looks like a happy day on the set of McCabe and Mrs. Miller...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great call, Andy. I liked this album when I first heard it, but it just kept growing on me. Now, I love it. You should keep it in rotation.

    ReplyDelete