Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

wilco VS his name is alive

so...
i'm gonna tell you my initial reaction to both.
i don't own either of these albums, and had maybe heard a few songs from both.
first impression:
wilco (being there) - some of this reminds me of the constantines, some of this reminds me of the band, and all of this reminds me of music that i love.
his name is alive (Ft. Lake) - are you serious? this is in the competition? ugh.

now wait a second... that was just first impression.
here were my second impressions:
wilco - holy balls! i love this! i really, really love this!
his name is alive - i thought i liked these guys. what happened with this album? i love it when a band explores different genres and is constantly changing, but not like this!

now, i did give them both a third try, and this is what my impression was:
wilco - yes! i get to listen to this again.
his name is alive - i'm not listening to this again.

so... wilco (being there) gets the surprise win.

also, this will be my last call.
i'm out.
i will be moving soon, and have no computer to keep at this.
in fact, i don't know where i'll be for the next couple months, other than vancouver.
so... shit!
i trust that all my picks will be gone by the end of the next round.
sorry if this screws anything up.

2 comments:

  1. A moment of silence for the loss of Slippers and HNIA from the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a moment of silence. Slippers will be missed. Now, can I have his points?

    ReplyDelete