Blog Archive

Monday, March 1, 2010

Joshua Surfing Boundary Trees

I can't really formulate anything creative for this one.
I like Surf Boundaries.  There are some really nice sweeping sounds that I will be listening to while writing and studying. 

But I can't choose it over Joshua Tree.  I just can't.  I won't say that I heard anything new traveling through the songs of Joshua Tree again...but that's not bad.  It's just a solid record that thrust U2 to new heights...and deservedly so.  I get goosey bumpy when I hear the opening licks to Where the Streets have no Name.  I feel dangerous when I listen to Bullet the Blue Sky (can you tell I have a sermon hangover?)

It's not a tough call.  Joshua Tree.

Sorry for the brevity.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, as the one who nominated Surf Boundaries, that I probably would have made the same decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have made the same decision too, but I did check out Surf Boundaries yesterday, and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete