Blog Archive

Sunday, February 28, 2010

nice guys finish last

Low - The Curtain Hits The Cast VS Led Zeppelin - I
This match-up was a little like comparing the boy you could take home to meet your parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and grandparents, verses the boy you wouldn't even introduce to your goldfish.

Led Zeppelin is the bad boy; long hair, loud rock, rebellious, and awesome.
The thing about bad boys is they usually got old fast.
That's where Led Zeppelin will fool you. They ain't gonna stand you up, constantly be an asshole, make you rethink your tastes - Led Zeppelin is in it for the long haul.
These guys reinvented blues and rock for hippy's sake! I hate the blues, but I love Led Zeppelin. Although they've been called heavy metal (by fearful parents) their music is not even close.
These bad boys are secretly sending flowers and ponies to sick children on weekends.
This album is good for the following; road trips, stoner trips, trips to your backyard with a beer, camping, partying, movie soundtracks, and sexy time. Believe me, I know from experience.
Good times for sure. Bad times maybe, but still good times.

Low is the nice boy; quiet, pretty, behaved, nice.
I love nice most of the time. But I don't pay much attention to nice.
It's there in the background. It soothes the beast. I like falling asleep to it.
Low was a band I had never checked out. Every time I heard their name I thought of crappy things like "The Lowest of the Low" (90s Canadian Indie band) and "Low" by Cracker. (I think) I'm an association type guy.
I wasn't blown away, but I really liked it. The thing about this music is that I feel I've already got enough of this genre, I don't need more. Maybe they were around early, but I'm just getting to first base, so...
That said, they do minimal incredibly well on this album. It's hard (not being sarcastic) to play that little and let the song exist without meddling with a beautiful phrase. Believe me, I know from experience.
This album is recommended for the following; nap time, tea time, book time, bath time, watching-the-time time, movie soundtracks, masturbating after a nice date that only ended up with a quick kiss, and playing yahtzee with the family and goldfish.

I'm no girl, and I'm not gay, but I'm going for the bad boy.
Sorry. (Not sorry)

1 comment:

  1. Your recommended Low-listening activities are excellent;-)

    ReplyDelete