Blog Archive

Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm very disappointed in you all (except for me, Steve, Eric, and Jane)


Apparently, you all have lives, but you still need to get your picks in. We're so close to wrapping up this first round. Then, we get to see the winners start competing with one another. Those of us who have done our diligent duty now get to close out the final division:

Steve:
(13) Wilco - Yankee Foxtrot Hotel vs. (20) Guh - We Are Sunburning

Eric:

(19) Beck - Odelay vs. (14) Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust (or as I like to call it, the one with the butts on the cover).


Me:

(15) Bob Dylan - Bringing it all back home vs. (18) Cat Power - You are Free


Jane:

(16) Beatles - Abbey Road vs. (17) John Coltrane - Blue Train


And below are the scores after the third division. Eric is still the reigning champ. Sarah had a huge round, and Bruce and Karl have pulled up significantly as well. I feel like there is a conspiracy happening here with this threesome. I need to make sure these three can't pick each other's albums anymore. I mean, that's how we end up with Cut Copy winning.


Eric 156

Sarah 115

Andrew 113

Andy 92

Kevin 88

Bruce 87

Brian 86

Karl 83

MVB 82

Jeff 60

Jane 42

Dwight 42

Steve 19


I'll also take this opportunity to ask whether anyone has discovered or re-discovered any music they're excited about.

Now c'mon, get those picks in. It's all about multi-tasking.

5 comments:

  1. I've rediscovered how much I like Cut Copy and other things that don't sound like The Hold Steady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Well, I probably deserve that. I'm actually hoping I get to hear Cut Copy for the tournament. I really only listened to them once, and I probalby didn't give them enough of a chance. So far, I will say my favorite discovery is Fun House, and my favorite re-discovery is Winter Hymn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's reviews and re-visiting a lot of good stuff I haven't listened to in too long...Cash, Waits, U2, Dylan and the Band...all faves but the specific albums I was assigned haven't been in rotation for a while...Stil waiting for my big new discovery, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I enjoy Cut Copy, I think Bruce chose the wrong album. In Ghost Colours all the way. Oh wait, it's not in the tourney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last place? Oh boy.
    I detect and upset in the future...

    ReplyDelete