Blog Archive

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Canada's Finest Import

Give Up vs. After The Gold Rush

• You know what I love about you Canadians? After The Gold Rush. Man, I must have listened to that album……twice.

Here is a conversation I imagine took place during the recording session:

“Hey Neil, what if this time instead of really using your voice, you try and make it sound weak, and thin?”
“I don’t know man, won’t that kind of diminish things?”

“No, I think it will make it sound, like, even more powerful.”

“Are you sure? Cause that doesn’t really make sense.”

“Yes.”

“Aw, fuck it, whatever.”

The Postal Service – Give Up
Aka Dubstep meets Emo

1) The first time I heard this album I started out unsure. But by the time The District Sleeps Tonight hit the 1:47 mark and was in full gear, I knew that this was something special.

FACT: The band's name was chosen due to the way in which it produced its songs.

The Postal Service wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment